Friday, June 20, 2008

Strange Night & Great School

Here are my thoughts on a strange night and a great school.

Last night, Evan woke up 4 times in the middle of the night. I'm really not sure what was going on. He hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in ages, much less 4 times in one night! The first time he asked to have his birdies turned back on (it plays music.) I did it and left. He then started crying and screaming about an ouchy leg. He asked to have his leg massaged. I'm wondering if he had some growing pains. Hmm...

Number 2: Turn on birdies again. I refused and left.

Number 3: Turn on birdies. I was already in a pissy mood from the last time, so I told him if he wants it so bad, do it himself and don't wake me up.

Number 4: ?? It's all a blur.

He woke up this morning and showed obvious signs of tiredness (read: cranky!) I asked him why he woke up so much last night. He said there was a tiger in his room. We haven't heard about the tiger in a long time. Perhaps he had bad dreams AND growing pains - rough night!

And now, notes about a great school. We have been really pleased with our first week of school. We get to watch Evan on the webcam and see what he's up to. He seems to enjoy the activities, snacks and teachers. And what has really impressed me is that Evan has started using good manners on his own. He knows when to say "thank you," "please," and "excuse me" but usually after some prompting from us. Now, he just says it out of habit. This morning he got out of the car with his teacher and when I passed him his jacket, he immediately said, "Thank you." Yay! Love it!

No comments: