Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This & That's

A few things that stand out today:

* Evan is down for his nap. He had a hard time settling down last night and kept calling out for us. Think he finally fell asleep at 9:30 - waaaayy late! Woke up this morning and went to school. Had a good time, came home and ate lunch. We had a picnic in the kitchen - I spread a blanket on the ground and we eat together, rather than at the table. He ate his sandwich and then told me to "save the yogurt for later. I'll eat it when I wake up." Then he laid down and rested his head on my leg. I asked if he wanted to go to sleep. We went upstairs and he started getting extremely cranky - a sure sign that a nap was in order. So he went down for his nap at 12:30 - his usual nap time is 2:00. It's hard going to school!!!

* Not sure what changed, but starting yesterday, he wants me to keep his door open while he sleeps. I told him we can do that for naps, but not for nighttime - cause Poki can wander in at night and take his friends. At least with naps, I can keep an eye on her - she's hovering over my arm as I type right now. :)

* June school goes by way too fast! It's 2.5 hours in the morning and I try to get things done without the little monkey. Today I dropped him off, went to Target (tried to look for some toys for him for the arrival of Lil' Babe, but totally struck out), got a pedicure!, and it was time to pick him up already! Today Evan asked what I do after I take him to school. I told him about my errands and it was hard for him to understand why I do things without him - since he's always gone with me on these errands... well, not the pedicure. He asked why I went to Target. Then he wanted to know what I got at Target. When I told him about the pedi (which I haven't had done since last summer), he was so interested in my toes. He kept touching them, asked why I did that, and asked where my toes were hiding. Too cute.

* What Evan did at school today (from our brief conversation):

The teachers played with him.
He ate pineapples and graham crackers.
He got to glue shapes onto a paper (brought it home and it's on the fridge).
He sang songs (but he didn't sing them for me).
He used the potty, but couldn't reach the soap by himself.

No comments: