Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our New Love - Garage Sales

This weekend we had a neighborhood-wide garage sale. Every street you turned down, there was a sale going on. We had a couple on our block alone. So Evan and I would walk to visit the neighbors and check out their wares. On Saturday, Evan scored a Mariner's batting helmet for $2.50. He loved looking at all the stuff that was for sale. He is officially a garage sale junkie.

Today we saw a tv for sale as we drove home. I thought the price tag said $50 and we were debating about getting it for our bedroom (Poki broke it - seriously. This cat is making me crazy.) So towards the end of the day, we went to check it out. Turns out, the price tag actually read $20. Ok, we're totally sold. So Pops got the Radio Flyer wagon and wheeled our purchase home. Excuse me, Evan pulled it home. Poppa held the tv in place and I got to help steer - much to Evan's chagrin. "No Momma help. Evan do by Evan's self." And he pushed my hand off the handle. So tonight we have some big plans - catch up on Grey's Anatomy, which has been recording on the tivo upstairs! Yay for garage sales!

No comments: