Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Bathroom Adventure

I love that Evan is potty trained. He's doing great and we're really proud of him. But man, this weekend we had an incident that made me think about how easy diapers are.

We took our friend out to lunch to celebrate his birthday. (Happy Birthday, Uncle Alex!) We went to the new Ram Brewery in Northgate. Evan was in BVDs and has never had a problem using public bathrooms before. He is a little sensitive to loud flushes, but we've never had an "incident". So I was really surprised at his reaction to the restaurant's toilets with the automatic flusher. Pops took him to his bathroom and Evan refused to go. I just assumed it was a guy thing - didn't know this before, but I guess guy bathrooms are notoriously dirtier than girls. So I tried to take Evan and he absolutely freaked out. He had to go, but just flat out refused and started throwing a fit with tears and kicking.

I knew if we didn't go soon, he would have an accident so we went into the mall in search of another bathroom. The nearest restrooms were in Macys and Nordstrom, which are across from each other and really far from the restaurant - we did some power walking. I guessed that Nordys would be cleaner, so we went there. Of course, the bathroom was up on the second level, so we chugged upstairs and made it to the women's lounge. We get into the stall and FRECK, it's the same auto flusher as the Ram. I couldn't believe it. I tried to pretend that I didn't notice, but Evan saw it right away and started crying, but in a crouching position cause he had to go so bad. So I threw my jacket over the sensor and reassured Evan that it would be ok. He got it out, and I can't believe we made it without an accident.

So that was our bathroom adventure. I hope we don't come across more automatic flushers any time soon. This preggo can't keep running around looking for bathrooms.

1 comment:

ForresterMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.