Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Boy is Growing Up

Yesterday I was blown away by something Evan did at breakfast. It was small, but really made me realize my little guy is growing up.

Evan peeled a hard boiled egg while I finished getting breakfast together. When it was time to eat, he had two eggs on his plate and I had the one that he finished peeling. He ate one of his eggs and I started into mine. It tasted weird - the texture was not right - so I made a face and put it down on my plate. He looked up at me and said, "Why Momma not eating the egg?" I told him it tasted funny. It was no good so I wouldn't be eating it. He then said, "Momma want some of Evan's egg?" Awwww! My little sweetie! I told him "Thank you for sharing, but you can eat your egg. I don't need one." He asked me again a little later and wanted to feed me a piece of his egg. How can you resist?

No comments: