Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Picnic - Rainy Day!



We had our summer pre-school picnic this morning for Evan's "Blue School." This is the one-day-a-week school Evan and I attend together, put on through BCC. And yes, the location is blue, so Evan calls it Blue School.

Unfortunately, the weather was horrible and I wouldn't call this picnic a "success." We met at a park and the kids played as best as they could on the soaking play structure. There was a covered eating area, so we tried to stay dry under there. It was a potluck, broken down by alphabet. I must have been the only A-M family, because I was the only salad. Everyone else was N-Z and there were cookies galore! So, we ended up coming home and scrounging for lunch.

But, Evan had a good time. He loved playing in the rain, splashing in puddles, and keeping his friends dry with his umbrella. We were the first to arrive and he kept asking his teachers, "Where are the rest of my friends?!" It was too cute. He will miss his teachers, whom he is really attached to. I hope that he will have an even better experience when he starts his new school next week!!! I'm so excited! I'm also starting to have some anxiety around it all. But it's 2.5 hours a day, three times a week, lady. Get a grip. :)

No comments: