Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy (Belated) Father's Day!

Happy Belated Father's Day to the wonderful dads out there!

Yesterday we were at the mall and it was fun to people-watch and also observe Evan and Pops' interactions. A couple stand-out moments for us:

1 - As we were strolling the mall, with Evan holding Poppa's hand, I noticed Build-a-Bear coming up. I whispered to Pops, 'I wonder if the boy will notice it...' Not 10 seconds later, Evan caught sight of it and gave Poppa's hand a tug. "Poppa, let's go in there!" Build-a-Bear is a store I completely avoid when Evan and I are out together. However, when the three of us are at the mall, it is the store Pops and Evan go to while they wait for me to run my errands. So we were not too surprised by Evan's reaction.

2 - Evan and I were holding hands through the food court. He caught sight of Aunty Annie's pretzels. He immediately let go of my hand and took Poppa's hand. "Poppa, I want a pretzel!" This was comical, and also a little surprising. It was as if he knew that Momma was the 'strict' parent and Poppa was the easier target. Poppa stayed strong and did not give in - didn't help Evan that just 15 minutes ago we had lunch.

No comments: